Marinara Fondue


Sometimes you want to have a little fun even when staying in on a Friday night. That's how I felt over the weekend. So, for dinner I thought we'd use our fondue pot. It's always a party when you fondue! :) We enjoyed marinara fondue. I cooked up some meatballs, raviolies, bread sticks and mozzarella sticks. I kept it simple and used mostly frozen items. I even used a jar marinara sauce. So simple, but fun! My kids loved dipping the party foods. If you want to be a little more authentic, you can make your own marinara sauce. Here is a good recipe from Better Home and Gardens. I love this cookbook! 

Marinara Sauce

4 cups chopped, peeled tomatoes or 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans tomatoes, cut up
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1/3 cup water
2 Tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 Tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
2 teaspoons snipped fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, basil, oregano, marjoram, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Then, pour sauce in your fondue pot and keep warm at a low setting. Stir occasionally. 


I was thinking this would be fun to serve at birthday parties or when you find your home full of hungry kids wanting a snack as they hang out!

Comments